Wednesday, May 1, 2019

I Missed It Completely

2019

My wife and I were walking through the local Kroger store, intending to pick up some milk and a few other things. We had actually just come from the hearing to change my name. I was wearing a pair of tight blue jeans, a red long sleeve top, and a pair of ankle boots with a bit of a heel. My hair, recently styled into a pixie cut, was looking nice.

As we walked through the store, a tall man was walking toward us and passed us slowly on my right side. After he passed, my wife started giggling. I looked at her, and she just grinned. I asked her what she was laughing about.

She made me wait a moment while she giggled some more. Then she told me. "You just got checked out", she said. I had no idea what she was talking about. She explained to me that the man who had just gone past us had checked me out, twice, head to toe, in the way that men check out a woman.

You know what? I didn't notice a thing. I missed it completely. But goodness, was I grinning at that point!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...