Monday, May 10, 2021

Smacked on the Butt

Smacked on the Butt

2021


I was walking through the local Lowes. I was in the hardware aisle. It was during work hours, and I had on the company uniform of khaki pants and a slate gray polo. The pants fit well in the butt. Not loose, not crazy tight. 

Anyway, I was cruising down the hardware aisle. There were several men in the aisle, and a few of them were watching me. As I passed a guy who was about 40, he suddenly smacked me on the butt. Not hard. Sort of a "cupping the cheek" smack.

I wasn't sure how to react. I'd never had something like that happen before, and for sure hadn't been expecting it. I froze, and felt myself turning red. 

Finally, I just continued down the aisle until I got to what I was looking for. I made my selection and left the aisle out the other end. 

After I left the store, I texted a friend and told her what had happened. Her response made me smile, but also was disquieting. 

"Welcome to the everyday experience of women everywhere".

The worst thing is, she's right. 

2 comments:

  1. First what happened to you was absolutely wrong, and likely criminal as a sexual assault or at least a misdemeanor battery.

    Second, having said, did it kind of turn you on that it happen, and/,or enhance your sense of being a woman?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, there was nothing about the experience that was a turn on.

    ReplyDelete

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...