Saturday, April 3, 2021

Trimming the Forest


2017

I have a hereditary unibrow. Not a subtle unibrow. Oh no. Left to do its own thing, I’m confident that the family unibrow can be seen from other states. It's probably been photographed from space. I have always hated my gigantic eyebrow(s), but what I hate the most is the weird peak about 2/3 of the way along the brows, which helpfully provides a Vulcan look to my brows. I assume that’s because I didn’t have enough ridicule in school as it was.

I used to spend time lopping off portions of my eyebrows with a small pair of scissors. A few times a week, I went weed-whacking, as I called it to myself. But one day, my awesome wife suggested we go get my eyebrows waxed.

I admit to being nervous. But the woman setting up to do it was pretty nice. She even mentioned that she did this for a lot of guys. That day, I somehow had the guts to tell her I was wanting to go much thinner in the brows than men do. She asked how thin, and I told her to think feminine. She said "can do" and the next thing I knew, I was laying back, the wax on my skin, and off it was pulled. Ouch!

But it was not as bad as I expected. Soon, she was done, and after a bit of tweezing, I was looking in the mirror. Holy cow! I never dreamed my brows could look that good!

My wife, seeing the result, said she really likes how it looked, and that we needed to keep doing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...