Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Reality of Our Trans Marriage

OMG! I'm Trans!

I'm a Transgender woman. That rolls much more easily off the tongue than it used to, for me. I'm a girl, who spent 48 years living as a guy. I have spent my life becoming who I am, and I'll lay some of that history out for you. Some things have changed, some things didn't. Some things changed a lot! How did all this affect my relationships? How did it affect my job? How did it affect my self-esteem and self-image? How did it affect my social interactions?

I wasn't always happy. I used to think that God must hate me. I used to think there was something really, really wrong with me. But no longer.

Stay tuned. I dare you.

Sometimes, life sucks. Sometimes, it's amazing. I've laughed, I've cried. I've sobbed in anguish, and I've learned to be comfortable with who I am.

Why "High Heels and Ankle Boots"? Please, what girl doesn't like shoes?!?

I Have a Wife!

She's the redheaded, cis-gender, sarcastic wife. I'm the brunette, transgender, sarcastic wife.

I'm married to one of the most awesome and talented women who has ever walked the Earth. She has been wildly supportive and loving, even when she was upset, and if you're a spouse who just found out that your husband or wife is trans, this woman can really help you become more grounded in this reality. Please, read what she has to say! By the way, she's really cute. I'm blessed to be her wife.

Our relationship rocks! "But wait!: you say. "You're trans, and marriages involving trans people fail!" They don't have to fail, and transgender relationships can be breathtaking if you want them to be. 

We have kids!

We have two daughters who are amazing, talented, loving, smart young women.  They have been wonderful through this, and we hope their honesty and openness will help others who are in their position. 

We have a sweetheart of a golden retriever, and frankly, she has been absolutely fine through all this. A lot of people could learn from her. She's not our kid, but she for sure is our baby!

We are Christians!

No, I'm not kidding. We really are Christians. Our faith is a big part of who we are as people. We're not the sort to decide that your gender, gender identity, or sexuality somehow makes you a bad person. It doesn't.

I've been faced with bigoted comments from my own church and was told it was best if I went somewhere else.

What you'll find here:

- My personal experiences and history
- Advice and information from my Wife
- Advice and information from our kids
- Relevant news

5 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome! I'll be checking back to see how this unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Scott Howard, Cheyenne, WYJuly 28, 2018 at 10:10 AM

    I have known you and your sweet and sexy wife for years. Glad to see you learning, growing, and becoming who you really are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me cry. I want this so badly.

    ReplyDelete

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...