Wednesday, May 4, 2022

My New Hairdresser

 2017 - 2018

 

My first hairdresser having taken a job out of hair care, we went in search of someone new. A few visits to have my hair done proved disastrous, and we decided we need to be seeking for someone in a more expensive salon.

We visited a salon at a local mall, and once in the chair, I was again nervous. My wife was all over this, explaining what we were after, and why, and from the grin on the hairdresser’s face as she talked about how she’d want to go about it, I knew she was fully on board.

That first visit, she fixed the damage that Great Clips had caused. On subsequent visits, she crafted my hair as it got longer and longer, making sure that we stayed noticeably inside the line before each month’s drill.

Each time, when she was done, she and my wife went over with me how best to achieve the look she was creating. Hearing my wife say “Wow, that looks really good” was awesome!

If you're trans, and don't see a hair stylist, please consider it. Feeling good about yourself really helps with self esteem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...