Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Bras are....Evil?

2019

I'm the brunette, transgender wife.

Did you ever have an irreverent thought?

Well, it was Mother's Day. Though I'm not supposed to be welcome in my parent's home unless I present male, I went up to visit as me (not some guy), accompanied by my awesome wife.

We gave her the gifts we had gotten for her, and a card as well. She was immediately upset because I signed my name. She complained that I should have signed it using my dead-name (she said real name), which she said was the name she gave me. I said, "I know you named me that, but I renamed myself". I'm not sure she heard me. But it was fun.

The other thing she was upset about was that I wear bras. The entire evening, she kept saying to herself that she couldn't believe I was wearing a bra. I get that this one is hard to grasp for an older person. But here's the thing. I have a pretty decent sized chest. As religious as she'd like people to think she is, wouldn't me walking around bra-less be worse?

Regardless, though she doesn't at all like that I'm transgender, and in fact, talks with others as if the whole thing was a shameful secret, if I still had my birth name and had burned my bras (heck no, they cost too much!!!) in a fit of feminist glory, I think the whole thing might have worked well with her!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is somewhat humorous from a dichotomy point of view. You obviously have breasts, you look much more female than male and she is complaining about the bras. Hope you continue seeing the humorous aspects of her inability to accept what is before her eyes. At least you were able to have something of a relatively civil verbal exchange. He He

    ReplyDelete

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...