Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Whistle


2017

I'm the brunette, transgender wife.

As both my wife and I grew more comfortable with my feminine reality, I was increasingly outside our home, in our lawn, in a pair of feminine shorts, or even a denim knee length skirt. By this point, I had been shaving my legs for a couple of years. I have been told by people who have no idea I'm transgender that my legs look pretty feminine.

Anyway, there came a time that I needed to get something from our SUV. I had just taken the dog out. I was still wearing a denim skirt and blue flip flops and had on a somewhat androgynous t-shirt. I went outside and went to the SUV, which was parked on the street. I opened the door and bent over into the SUV to pick up the item I was supposed to get from the floorboard. At that moment, a guy driving past in a car gave a loud wolf-whistle.

I was startled, but then realized I was grinning. I retrieved the item I needed, and walked up the driveway, and back inside. My wife saw my grin and asked what was up. I told her about what happened, and she giggled and asked me how it felt. I felt awesome, and told her so!

Have you had that sort of experience? One where something unexpected just resonated in some way, and made you feel good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...