Thursday, December 19, 2019

Quote From My Boss

2019

I'm the brunette, transgender wife.

It's been a year since I took the last steps toward living authentically in public. This included coming out at work, including coming out to my conservative Christian boss. If I'm being honest, my wife and I, as well as allies, expected that there might be problems regarding my boss, related to me being transgender. For a long time after I came out, he acted uncomfortable around me.

Recently, my boss was walking past me, and he surprised me by stopping me. He shuffled his feet and looked at me.

"You know, I wasn't sure what to expect," he said. "But you caused me to realize how wrong I was in how I was thinking," he said, "about a lot of things."

Then he turned and walked off. Me? I went inside with a smile.

2 comments:

  1. My hunch is he stopped to talk to you as he is beginning to find you attractive and wanted to check you out:)- Ebed

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's 100% no chance that was the reason. :-)

    ReplyDelete

The Day My Boss Learned Something

 2023 The Day My Boss Learned Something One day, at a work meeting, I was relating a story of something that happened at a previous job. My ...